A couple years ago I tried to explain why a client needed to understand that each social channel has its own communication style. All the client wanted to do was shoot out a message that said, "Go back to our website and buy shit!" Because, of course, social media would then become a river of gold.
Posts tagged #dive bars
- A dive bar doesn't become a dive bar without being around for sometime. It's a cultural spot for the transient and locals. It has character and serves characters.
- A dive bar doesn't care what I wear, what brands I'm loyal to or what music I like. It's agnostic.
- You never leave a dive bar without a story (or two) of who you met, what you talked about or some interesting thing that happened during your stay. It's a haven for storytelling.
- Dive bar have juke-boxes. Really good juke-boxes. Filled with songs to get drunk to and say "OMG, I remember this song!"
- They pour stiff, cheap drinks. No further clarification need be said.
- A dive bar doesn't care that you haven't been there for a week or a year.
- A dive bar doesn't require fancy interiors to be cool. It's lack of caring to it's interior makes it cooler than most.
- Like all great things no dive bar is ever the same. They have a pulse and a vibe all their own.
- Dive bar patrons are like bees. You leave them alone, they (typically) leave you alone.
- Dive bars will gladly toss your on the street if you're being an ass.